Wednesday, April 06, 2005
The final story

So we found out that Rocky was not killed by a heart attack. We found out that the paramedic lied to make us feel better but nonetheless ...


The true story is the fact that Rocky was killed on highway 100 near Lake Tenkiller. A home trailer (that was empty) was going westbound towards Muskogee and was going at a high rate of speed. There was someone turning on the highway infront of him and the semi trailer was not paying attention. He tried going in the oncoming lane of traffic to avoid an accident but did not see my uncle on his way home. Rocky swerved off in the ditch at the same time and was broadsided on the driver side of his truck by the semi. The centrifical force of the impact broke the seatbelt and ejected Rocky out the other side of the truck into the embankment after the truck rolled several times and flipped end over end.

I saw photos of the scene that someone took and some detailed shots of the seatbelt. Keep in mind... The entire cab of the truck was pretty much intact with the exception of the broken glass and crumpled impact on the driver side.

They had a closeup shot of the seatbelt of his Red Ford F-150. The seatbelt had not been sheared from anything and was still buckled in place. The stitching completely came loose and was not sheared. It was a defective seatbelt. Brand new in apperance but shockingly defective.

Nonetheless... Rocky was killed. My family is pretty much devastated. Unfortunately with the nature of funerals we saw tons of people we never knew... people who most of us haven't seen in like 10-20 or more years... so with the family being there... you have all these people coming up who know who you are but you don't have a clue as to who they are.

So our family was pretty much exhausted.

We went to see Rocky at the funeral home this afternoon. It was obvious that the impact of the crash broke his jawbone and swelling because of the head tramua. It really didn't look like him at all.

That was a moment in the funeral parlor that I don't think I will ever forget... My grandmothers hand on Rocky rubbing him like he would wake up and weeping...

I think I'm in a daze really. I think most of it is being strong for others and providing a laugh in the tense moments when things get silent... but inside... i'm pretty much devestated myself. I'm worn out and emotionally drained and tired.

I'm glad to know the truth about everything finally and the funeral is Friday at 2pm.

In some senses it is good to see all my family and some extended family that I don't normally get to see. With everyone over at the house this afternoon it was pretty crazy because I kept expecting Rocky to come up and start jabberjawing with the rest of us like he normally does...

I went to Rocky's trailer this afternoon and walked in to see my cousin Kerry emotionally wrecked in the floor holding rocky's glasses and one of his shirts. She took it terribly hard. After a long talk in the floor about everything and us both commenting on how it seemed there was 300 million people we didn't know there... there were a few smiles and a couple laughs eventually. It pained me a bit to hold rocky's glasses for a moment.

My grandpa was talking to me this evening wishing that the funeral was tomorrow... it's brutal keeping him "alive" in a sense... I guess burying our loved ones isn't easy but it does provide some closure.

I'm blank right now... so I'm going back upstairs to my room and going to chill out and not think about anything... I greived deeply last night... I'm sure there is more that I don't even know about that will come out in due time.

As much as death really hurts and is painful and deeply moving... i'm hanging on to the statement that death is just a comma in the sentence of life.

11:41 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts