Friday, March 11, 2005
It's True Folks

They are gone: (to protect their name incase someone pulls a google search about their name and this blog comes up they will be known as Large Arctic Blue Clocks.) For those who know me you know what I am talking about...

(oh by the way I got in my map of the british isles hand colored in 1781. George Washington wasn't even president yet! It looks good under my other antique map from 1634)


So this website I talked about the other day.... It's complete (not exactly to my standards and preferences) but functional nonetheless and minus the bells and whistles that would make it snap.

My old supervisor who I have talked about in previous posts made a fatal mistake this morning. He picked up the phone and called "Taxcake" who has hosted this large system for many years free of charge trying to find out information about how I do my job. Take in mind... they have 7 domains that hosts all of Large Arctic Blue Clocks system. As large as it is... it would be $30 per month per domain for all the database systems and what not that are involved. Thats $210 dollars a month for this bandwidth eater to run it's system.

Large Arctic Blue Clocks wanted me to sign all these legal documents about job description and requirements the first of the year and I didn't because I knew the new company was right around the corner and we would overtake my employee position as a client of our new company. Soon I was receiving threats from Large Arctic Blue Clocks ... (note previous post).. and you should see the awesome email I received..

I have never laughed so hard my entire life. BUT stoopid face decided to find out all the info he did... and didn't realize what he was about to walk into.

So now Large Arctic Blue Clocks has a nice dedicated hosting plan they will start paying. They were also notified that I do extensive work with "TaxCake" and if they want future work from me that they will have to get a quote and "Stephen" will manage the accounts and payments and timeframe schedules.

"Steven" is also walking in with me Monday Morning to be sure that I will not be cornered and threatened by anyone at Large Arctic Blue Clocks and his comment with a hidden grin... " I'm just protecting the future work of a possible client of our new company"


HELLO ACCOUNTABILITY HAS FINALLY MARCHED IN THE DOOR. No more yelling at me on the phone. No more leashes and choke chains and anxiety attacks at night. I"M RELEASED!!!! YES... finally...

But here is another side: I know this individual who was probably the worst project manager I have ever come across (mind you he got his masters in music and not business management) and a prick at that. I should have always trusted my gut instinct! I said that about "Edward" the first time he came to Large Arctic Blue Clocks and I helped him get settled into the organization. He backstabbed me later so I was like jumping up and down... DANGIT I KNEW IT ABOUT YOU...


And "Jasper"... Oh my gosh I have heard him talk in staff meetings before at Large Arctic Blue Clocks and if he finds the smallest thing an issue with someone it suddenly becomes an expose of their innermost lives. Spewed trash and backstabbing slander.

I have sat in many meetings and listened to his uneducated responses to issues and problems with folks where you could practically hear the scream of everyone in their heads saying... "SHUT UP"

And I know he has said something about me and in some ways it bothers me... As pissed as I have made him in the last month or so I could only begin to imagine the filth that came out of his mouth about me. I realized this whenever I went to pick up a check and a secretary turned around who I have been great friends with for many years (preformed at her sons wedding an all) gave me this ill look of shock. I even asked her... "Are you okay?" Thinking that something was really wrong.

I'm pained. Because if you take this guy... and about 2 others in leadership out of the organization it would really be an incredible place to work and do what I call real ministry... all the good stuff that is right in the eyes of society and even folks who might frown on churches...

.......tsk tsk tsk..


So Large Arctic Blue Clocks is up a creek because they are about to find out what it costs to do the kind of websites they are trying to do professionally when I was doing it for about a quarter of the price. And instead of free hosting... *OUCH* $210 per month dedicated server solution...

And intimidating and yelling at a company for things can be incredibly dangerous.

In an overview of the last 3 years of Large Arctic Blue Clocks this is what I have noticed:

The lifeblood of the church (that core group of authentic people who really were downhome honest and sincere with anyone and everything) - they left and started a new church.... That church has gone crazy and they have folks in their building who wouldn't step foot in a church... Reminds me very much of Jordans and Dee's church. So after those folks left.... the lifeblood went out and everyone scrambled and licked their wounds and pouted... then everyone started going off in other directions.

BUT GUYS

I'm free from them

You don't know how much that means the stress level will come down. I can work and develop some badass software for "TaxCake" and "QuickBooks" and make things that PEOPLE WILL USE ON A DAILY BASIS THAT WILL HELP THEM... instead of advertising an organization that has brutally attacked me and saw no grace even when I was ill or had surgeries. I don't have to have anxiety attacks at 3 am because I'm so tired I need to sleep and have to make some stupid deadline just so joe blow in the church congregation can browse a webpage once and never go back.

It's dawn now. So pretty outside.

So you know what my goal is now: Healing from this whole ordeal. And I think the lower stress level will help tremendously to accomplish that. The other goal is to focus on my friends and family... and be who I am ...

I wish it could be dawn and dusk all the time... such awesome times of the day...

5:37 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts