Thursday, December 16, 2004
Sparks & Stones

Okay so I promise that I'm not changing the title of my blog any more. I created a good graphic design the other night for the template and I will be implementing it soon as I can get a free moment. I can't stand looking much longer at nothing in here but text where it should have some spark behind it.

North Wind Cadence kinda comes from being in British Columbia. It was the wind at times that made the magic because what else blew the clouds... What else brought the rain... what else changed the colors of the water and blew spray from waterfalls into faces.

I just think it is fitting for the plain simple fact that I think anywhere you go there is a north wind that speaks to you somehow... You know those moments when it is all hectic and nothing is going right and your outside for some reason.... you look into the wind and kinda stare off... possibly even sigh for a second and catch your breath.

That kind of stuff sings to me. I swear if I can't grab those moments from time to time I will explode because the way I am depends on some cadence in my life keeping me in check and allowing my mistakes to become bridges. Some are my family, my closest friends, the beauty of nature, the simplest of things... it's all moments of clarity - (and that is another essay I wrote long ago from a different perspective that I might post in here sometime.)

BY THE WAY DID I MENTION to all of you that I am so sorry I screwed up that trip and had it end the way it did. I think there is still a part of me that is reluctant.

Did I also mention that over the years I have pulled some very strange and sick stuff that given today I would never do again with the exception of chasing after beth naked in the pool at Woodland West because that was classic FEAR FACTOR before it even existed. And the exception of the glowing parts session because that was so freaking funny to me I still laugh till tears come.

you guys cant tell my wife okay!

Speakin of wife, I need to get back up to the ice rink and see about Hillary. It's been awhile since I talked to her. She is pretty awesome and just about as sick as I am in humor and what not. Her skating... oh my I could watch her for hours doing all that olympic stuff and never be bored. She would fit in with my group of friends exceptionally well.

by the way just so everyone knows... I hold true the fact I have some incredible friends that have stuck around for so long even when I was doing a bunch of other stuff. So here are the credits do to some people in my life that need to hear I appreciate them...

Jason, Canada Rocked my imagination. Do you think they would let me borrow one of those douglas fir stands to put in my back yard? It would have to come with moss hanging off the trees and full set of ziptrek lines. And you didn't nearly kill me this time! Wow. You are family to me. And I promise I will never tell ashtray stories. THAT WAS AMAZING. By far if i was to conquer the world I would do it with you at my side. Pretty hard title to earn, pretty hard to loose.

Sean, I figured when you got married that you guys would dissapear much like many of my other friends did. It's amazing you are still around. I always enjoy humperdinks and candle parties and you yelling "SPUUUD" like I did something wrong all the time( and in a tone of voice that no one could imitate). The other night you said a few things that shocked me and I realized I probably need to be your friend more than I have been so I'm coming by more often. Shoot pool with me sometime. We can drink and get silly now and no one cares.

Jordan, my Irish brotha from another motha. I'm totally pumped and kinda freaked you are getting MARRIED! WHAT THE HECK I'm supposed to be married not you you little youngun... Out of all the people I can remember I find it amazing you hung out with us and did so much stuff = you and your brother... You have an incredible sense of humor and i love your other half too. You have some great wisdom my friend. I'm sure it will come in handy when raising a little one.

Adam you are in here too. Thanks for not rolling over and sleeping on me in the barn.

Cheryl, I enjoy your laughter and playfullness. Thanks for putting up with us guys when we are over. You give good hugs... Sean picked well!

Tim, I will never forget the night we got pulled over late one night with all my band equipment in my car and you were completely squished behind an amplifier and my bass guitar and explaining to the cop we made a wrong turn. I enjoyed the conversation we had in the car that night and i wonder where you stand today with all that. I'm thankful that grace does what the law could not do. By the way I'm pretty honored by you linking to my blog. I would have not expected that.

Andre - you big black holy cow huge dude thanks for sticking up for me here in the states and watching my back in China. Also thanks for helping me keep my sanity when I really needed to know what was TRUTH and not something out of this world. I guess you really never are a true friend until you clean up your friends throwup and take care of him when you are sick. I hope china was incredible for you and only hope you get to go back again. Although usually you mentor me about a few things here and there, it was awesome to be able to mentor you on the m-field when you really have to be careful. I cant imagine another person that I would go back in the m-field with other than you at my back. You really matured in China..

Brendan, I'm shocked but still hope someday reality comes back.

Jared, I'm praying for your mom. I saw her the other night at El Chico's with my folks and mom got to talk to her and encourage her. I know what cancer is like on a family so I'm praying for yall. Thanks for bringing me originally in with all this.

Thompson. Man you have shaped some things in my life that no person ever could. Sometimes when you spoke it was like God speaking through you and I know it was because some of the things you said were impossible for anyone to know other than myself. I'm on my way to see you in Malasyia as soon as I can. I'll even paint your house again if I have too.

Mark, thanks for being so patient with me and encouraging me when I was at my worst. It takes special people to pick you up from the muck when you probably dont deserve it.

So thanks guys... You shaped who I am today and I'm lucky. As iron sharpens iron so another man sharpens another..

10:46 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts