Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Insides and Outside

Can't quite describe it... About 1:30 this afternoon I checked out. Something yawned in my soul and I was ready to take the rest of the day off.

I went back to the office... took care of a few things here and there... 2:30 I packed my stuff up and shut down the computers and left....

Co-workers didn't even flinch. Being part owner of the company was probably the reason. Granted let me tell you that my dry erase board is FULL of things I need to do and my work load is pretty heavy at the moment with pressing projects... Closing the door behind me I flipped off my business switch and wanted to wander for awhile... Cellphone got turned off. I'm out folks.

I felt stirred in the "insides of me" today just for a moment of some down time by myself and without my friggin cellphone haunting me with 20 questions and minus traffic and idiots in general. It was time to put everything in sleep mode... chill for a sec.

To describe the "insides of me" thing today?... it's quite simply like this....


It's like a vicarious pining breath shaped within our souls crafted by the Master hand so perfectly that the signature of his work is a glowing fire. It's like pottery.. you don't know the worth of the piece until you turn it over to see the masters mark.

But so often we don't handle the pottery and don't turn it over to look and see who was the original designer... Today it felt like someone picked me up and checked the marks on the underneath side and some glow escaped. Nothing of my own doing... and not of my choosing... but totally from the Masters hand.

I know that sounds tragically cliche' and to some it might seem conceited if percevied wrong... but how else to describe it...It's like trying to describe what wind looks like to someone who has been blind all their life.

I saw this most glorious sunset tonight.... It was shocking... I actually didn't mind sitting at the red light tonight and a camera wouldn't have captured the full breadth of how incredible it was...Piercing golden...

So the events of my afternoon are secret minus this one detail... I finally got a perspective I never saw before and I feel somewhat ashamed how I didn't have my eyes open the whole time... It was like being dusted off a bit... I was a bit blown away by the story.. and to know that this afternoon is just the comma, waiting on the end of the sen

6:56 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts