Thursday, October 06, 2005
Pain

I have come to the conclusion that pain is just going to be an every day thing. (insert throwing hands in air and giving up) Yesterday 11:51 am - This time I happened to be infront of a clock and paid attention. 20 seconds from pain just starting to full blown I can't hardly see or breathe can't sit still monster in my head. The pain wracked me for 1 hour 12 min. Kip scale - 9.6 - probably the worst I have ever had. Last sunday 9.5 - nearly had my folks take me to the hospital.

I decided at about 48 min into everything to get in the shower and see if hot water would help. Stood there with almost scalding water till I couldn't stand and then decided to fill up the tub and sit in the water till the pain subsided.

Even cisco had to jump up on the side of the tub and watch me. He did provide some comic relief. Finally I got out and looked in the mirror at my face and my eyes looked like someone had given me 2 black eyes. Nice rails. Classic aftermath of monster sized pain from hell.

Exhausted beyond belief I laid down on the couch and fell asleep till 5pm. That kinda pissed me off because I had much to do... but nonetheless I worked during the night and took care of things.

Then today.... 11:23 am - not as bad. Kip scale about 3 - I just took a couple ibupropen and decided to write in the blog here. Thought keeping track of the pain would help me better center down on things. Right now sinus passage is closed from the pain. Have some livewire surface pain when I touch right above my ear and if you can imagine a triangle between my eye and ear... the top of the triangle is the location of the most pain. Today is managable. I wouldn't be writing if it wasn't. Some parts of my forehead and scalp are still numb from the nerualgia.

Someone I talked to yesterday is going to talk to a neurologist to see what I can do and maby take some sort of medication. I have been reading about anything that would help at least keep the pain down to a dull roar where I could still function properly. I have heard prodecures like gamma knife surgery using cobalt... actually trimming parts of the nerve branch behind your ear to the pain areas... read about imitrex injections, all kinds of medications and procedures.... some say it's the result of dental surgery... some say it is the neuralgia from singles on my face I had... 10 million different paths and explainations...

I'm to the point now where i want to understand it more. I've been living with this beast and been fighting it for so long... Doctor only said healthy diet would help... i'm a healthy eater so I think I need a second opnion.. Maby the neurologist can help.

I found some websites for folks who cope with this type of pain.... In some ways I'm embarrassed of the ways I have tried to aleviate the pain, but you will try absolutely anything.

It is now 12:11 and all I have now is a few sharp pierces here and there so I think I am good to go. Hands are shaky but i'm good to go.

11:47 AM   2 comments

2 Comments:

At October 08, 2005 11:13 AM, Blogger Jason Delso said...

I'm a firm believer in amputation as a cure-all.

Well, maybe not in this case...

 
At October 11, 2005 9:47 PM, Blogger maddiehazel said...

Hey Andrew... maybe this weekend, if everything goes well, and I don't die from panic disorder, you, Jason, Jordan, Dee, and I can all possibly do something? Think about it... call us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts