Sunday, October 16, 2005
I remember

I was thoughtfully inspired therefore here goes

I remember...



...looking out over our land we had in oklahoma and seeing the hills and dreaming about what was on the other side
... the smell of Iva when I visited her next door and the books she loaned me and I forgot to give back
... the smell of fresh hay
... crying when they cut down the forest behind my grandparents property
... fishing with my grandpa and always ending up swimming instead
... the tornado that went over my grandparents house at 4 am
... my grandpas yodel
... picking corn, okra, peas, beans, potatoes, blackberries, blueberries, gooseberries
... blowing super huge bubbles in a thunderstorm
... shelly (cocker spaniel) playing in the snow
... the spider in the tub
... hiking with my cousins and getting into a fight and then amanda getting poison ivy in her face
... my great grandmother talking about chickens and rubbing her knee with rubbing alcohol
... being stung the first time
... how important it was not to be tenderfooted
... the sunday school in a room next to the church that didn't have air conditioning and we would go get dr pepper and coke in a bottle from the gas station and walk back with bags clinking and sit on seats made out of old truck seats
... the day that the adoption agency came and took away Joshua and I screamed at the door when it closed
... riding Egypt (our black great dane) in the back yard like a horse
... digging to china with Egypt and nearly killing both myself and the dog from the large hole nearly caving in
... when I let out Egypt and school just got out and the neighbor pulled the gun out to shoot her
... Stilwell Oklahoma skating rink
... The preacher at Guiding light who brought me to the front of the church and said that God was going to use me as a musician... before I really was a musician
... The wild wonder of outside and not wanting to stay inside
... getting my hand stuck in a soap dish
...first kiss on the back porch of Mrs Adairs old house
... Being innocent
... Beating final fantasy 3
... sitting in the bedroom with my friend and us completely outlining the walls around us with spitballs (some still are on the walls after all these years)
... putting watermellons in the cold water spring
... getting ear infection in both ears at the same time and the excruciating pain and being very sick.
... my horse (Cowboy - Throughbread)
... Being the last guy on the bus from school because I lived the farthest away
... the wildfire on the hills that started by lightning
... dad using a washcloth on my forehead from the brown plastic bowl
... the sound barier and threats of divorce



.... to be continued

2:38 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

       

Previous Posts